Thursday, September 10, 2009

Golden Start

I can't believe it! Claire started preschool today! It was something she has looked forward to for such a long time, and she was really nervous. For the past week, she would burst into tears every time we would mention it, but last night she confided in me...she was a "little bit" excited.
I overslept this morning, so woke Paige up in a panic, telling her she had to get up for school. Claire popped right out of bed saying, "I do too!" Thankfully, preschool doesn't start until afternoon, so she got to go back to bed for a while. On the drive there, she asked me, "What if I miss you?" I assured her that I would be back to pick her up as soon as she was done learning for the day. Then she asked me, "Can I suck my thumb in preschool?" NOPE...that is a definite no!

She was excited to see Miss Kathy and find her new "Golden Start Preschool" bag. She wasn't as shy as I anticipated she would be, and she didn't cry when I left, which surprised me too! Bode and I set off on a new adventure ourselves...grocery shopping, just the two of us. MAN, it went fast! I walked out of WalMart in less than 40 minutes and I didn't buy a single thing that wasn't on my list! Claire was excited to see me when we picked her up. She showed me the Humpty Dumpty she had made, told me all about "the snack that we eat at movie night", and then told me that preschool was really a pretty short school. So I think she'll try it again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Way to go Claire! It seems like just yesterday that she was born. She is such a cutie. I hope she has a great year. (Brookie, I hope you have a great year of fun outings with just you and your buddy!)