Saturday, November 10, 2007

Rainboots and Hold Your Applause



Can I first just say...
How stinking cute are these boots???
I found them at Payless when we were looking for new tap shoes for Paige and totally fell in love with them! Claire did too, especially since she can pull them on herself. When Steve and I were first dating, my cute nephew-to-be Rhett always ran around in bright yellow rainboots and these just reminded me of him. So I had to buy them. In fact I bought two pair, (it was BOGO) so Paige has some too!
Anyway, Claire woke up one morning last week saying she was "Shoaked". This means her cheap-o diaper leaked and her pants were wet. I took them off and changed her, but didn't bother to put more on. Does that make me a negligent mother? We dropped Paige off at preschool and then went to the clubhouse to work out. No one is ever there and Claire just lays on the couch and watches a movie. However this time, she insisted on wearing not only her pink argyle rainboots with her jammy shirt and diaper, but also her Minnie Mouse hat from Disneyland so she could be a "cowboy girl". It was too cute not to catch on film!
Paige came home from preschool last week with the Brag Bag. This gives each child an opportunity to bring a show and tell and a treat for the class. She chose to take this giant lipstick she got for her birthday that was full of stickers and stamps and Hostess chocolate cupcakes, like those are smart to keep in the house when I am on a strict eating regimen! When I picked her up, I asked her about the brag bag. She told me, "Everyone was like WOW!! And I just said, Thank you, Thank you! Hold your applause!" I busted up laughing. Apparently it is a line from Meet the Robinsons that I haven't caught on to yet. Now both girls say it constantly because they know I thought it was so funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH..those boots are adorable. I need to get some for Seneca. SO funny about Paige. Kids say the funniest things. :-)

Jewels said...

Those boots are awesome! I need some for myself. Then Claire and I can be twins...except I'd try and wear my pants. Paige says some of the funniest things! She's hilarious!