Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving

We spent the holiday this year with the McClures. As tradition, we got all dressed up and went to Little America for brunch. My dad had gone early to get a spot in line so that we wouldn't have to wait with kids. So by the time we got there, we walked right to our table in the Idaho room. A perfect quiet spot with some room for the kids to play in the corner without bothering anyone.

The only drawback to this spot was that we passed the dessert table before we got to the food. Paige was enthralled by the bowl of maraschino cherries at the ice cream bar, but I insisted that she eat real food first. However, after filling her plate with mashed potatoes and mini corn dogs, I gave in on the way back and let her fill her plate. It's her thanksgiving too and if I can eat a dozen croissants for dinner, why can't she have a bowl of cherries? We also found the chocolate fountain, a new item this year, and as you can see it was a hit! We had a great time dipping strawberries, marshmallows and macaroons.

I am so grateful for the time we were able to spend together as family. I love being with my sisters and am so grateful to my sweet dad for keeping family traditions. I am also so grateful for my nieces and nephews and the close relationship all the cousins have. It was so hard to pull them apart at dinner we went upstairs and let them run! We also met up the next day for a movie together. By the way, Enchanted is not just for kids! I thought it looked dumb but knew my girls would love it and Steve even loved it! On top of everything this Thanksgiving, I must say that I have the best husband ever who rarely complains and does almost anything to make me happy.

2 comments:

The Gatherum Family said...

Looks like fun. I love holiday traditions. Your girls are so cute, they look different but are both adorable. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Jewels said...

Steve is a good guy, and your hair looks dang cute!!!