Monday, May 5, 2008

Something to Grow on

As the weather has started to warm up, the girls are loving playing outside riding scooters, drawing with sidewalk chalk and most importantly picking dandelions for mommy. (They are plentiful in our yard! Good thing I pay my HOA fees to take care of those for us. Maybe I should start giving Paige and Claire my HOA fee!) As sweet of a gesture as it is, and they are lovely, I have started trying to discourage them because I am tired of holding on to dead weeds. I have told them that the flowers need to stay in the grass so that they can get water to grow.

Last night, Paige and Daddy went for a walk. Along the way, Paige found a dandelion to pick for mommy, but quickly lost interest in carrying it so gave it to Steve. She kept checking back with him though to make sure he still had it, so he couldn't just ditch in it the gutter. What a good daddy, he ended up holding on to that flower for two hours while they played at the park and stopped to visit with friends, who were making cookies, so who wouldn't wait around for a hot one... or dozen?? As they started their walk home, Paige checked with Steve one last time to ensure he had the precious treasure. Sure enough, in his hand he clutched the wilting flower. Paige told him, "Don't worry daddy, the flower will be fine. I spit on it to give it water!"

7 comments:

Heather said...

How funny. That Paige is a smart girl!

Heather said...

Hey Brookie! The digital scrapbooking wasn't too bad. We should get together and play around with it sometime. In regards to inviting people up, we are planning our biggest party yet for you! Talk to you soon.

Melissa said...

That is so fun- Got to love the funny things they say:)

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gatherum Family said...

Hey Brooke,
You will be in my thoughts tomorrow. I know how tough of a day it can be. Hope you have a sweet day with your adorable girls...

Amy said...

Hey Brooke, I was wondering if you and Steve had Brayden's address. I want to send him something in the mail.

Tamilisa said...

Oh I love that story! So cute!