Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Poor Guy!

My poor little monkey has had one heck of a month! It all started while my dad was in the hospital, I made the mistake of taking Bode with me into the ICU, where viruses germinate like rabbits! So, copay #1 to find out his nasty cough was CROUP. A week later, I found him clawing at his ears, so another $25 to find 2 nasty ear infections. Then of course came his six month check-up. All was well with him...15 lbs. 5 oz. and 27"...but I took Claire along since the night before she had asked in tears to leave Grandma and Grandpa's Easter party early because her ear hurt. Another ear infection. And then last week, I took the kids to Target for Easter pictures. I thought Bo seemed a little warm, but chalked it up to teething. But when he refused to smile and did nothing but cry, I knew that was not my little guy. Another 25 bones to reveal...none else but another ear infection!! This time he was terribly wheezy, so they gave him a breathing treatment to help. I love our doctor, but am not loving our visits this frequently. In one of our visits he commented on my wild hot-pink cow purse and told me how much his wife loved designer bags like Louis Vittan and Dooney & Bourke. It's a good thing, because I just singlehandedly BOUGHT HER ONE!! But he's worth it...Love you Bode! So glad you are feeling better. We have missed your sweet giggles and smiles!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I hate those months, and it always seems to happen right before the well child visit - nope, you can't get a two for one with kids and the doctor.

Marci said...

OOOHH, poor little guy! What a time you have had. By the way, I love your girls closet. You are so talented!

amelia said...

it's so scary and sad when they're sick! i'm glad he's feeling better!