Monday, October 22, 2007

First Snowfall




For the life of me, I will never understand why they call Utah the land of four seasons, since every year it jumps right from summer to winter, leaving us a fall that lasts two weeks. Well, Sunday morning, the girls were so excited to wake up to snow! They simply couldn't wait to go out to play. However, by the time we had eaten, cleaned up breakfast and put on all of our snow gear, the snow had almost completely melted. This was quite the process since our snow clothes have been packed away for at least six months. Also, I am so loving how the Old Navy snow hats that Santa brought the girls last year double as sun visors. I guess the more of their little faces the hats cover, the less likely they are to get cold. Of course, Paige thought it was all my fault that the snow was gone since I had made her watch "a million shows" while I did the dishes. Nevertheless, we managed to find a shady spot by the pool that had a little bit of snow left. It was mostly grass, but a little snow. We gathered all we could and made our first snowman of the season, complete with bark mulch for arms. We put "Frosty" on our porch in the shade, but just like the story says...Frosty melted, leaving nothing put a wet puddle, two sticks and two broken-hearted little girls.

2 comments:

Tamilisa said...

So cute!!

Jewels said...

I love those little hats! That's so dang cute!