Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trunk or Treat







Saturday started out as the worst day ever. In fact I think I had my first anxiety attack! We had a showing and the girls had a costume birthday party for their friend Isabelle. On top of that I had chili to make and pumpkins to carve! At the last second, Claire's red Dorothy shoes wouldn't fit. So I made a mad dash to Target, praying the whole way that they would have her size. And they did! I love that store! Claire came home from the party covered in Root Beer, so it was a crazy dash to wash it in time for our ward party. I was so frazzled to get out of the house in time for our showing that I didn't shut the front door! (Steve told me that later at the party, which was just the icing on the cake that made me burst into tears!!) However, the trunk or treat, I must say I absolutely LOVE this tradition! I remember Halloween going from house to house and freezing our butts off, but this totally eliminates that! Quick and painless!


One of my favorite costumes at the party was my friend Marti and her little girls Haley. Haley is one of Claire's friends from nursery and was diagnosed with cancer earlier this summer. I have so admired Marti and Nic and how strong they have been through this trial. I cry every time I think of it, but they have been so amazing! They totally played it up for Halloween. Marty & Haley dressed up as Morticia and Uncle Fester! Haley would tell people who she was and throw her head back and laugh! She is such a doll and we are so glad she is on the downhill slope with her treatments and will be back to nursery soon!

1 comment:

Heather D. White said...

Love the pics from Halloween! Hey..you need to change the options in your blog so that everyone can post. Right now, only Blogger people can post. I had to sign up quick so I could leave a comment!!!! So hey..what did you think about the FHE lessons?? LOVE YA!