Thursday, March 13, 2008

He Made It!!


This is our sweetest nephew Brady. Just before Christmas, he left for the MTC in Provo to prepare for his mission in France. I wasn't surprised by how emotional we were to say goodbye to him, especially considering what we have been through together. Steve and I had dated for less than a week when I first met Brady and he instantly found a hole in my heart and weaseled his way right in. We have been best of friends ever since!

After a tough few months in the MTC, he finally left for France last week. He had a few hours to kill at the airport and I was so pleasantly surprised to get a phone call! We talked for about 20 minutes and both just cried! (It didn't help that my hormones are all wacky and I cry over burnt toast) It was so great to hear his voice and he was so sweet to talk to. We told each other how much we missed each other and how much we loved each other. I also told him how proud I was of him for making this life changing decision. It worked out great because I didn't grab the phone right away, so I have a short message on our machine for us to keep for the next two years.

The girls just adore him and ask about him all the time. In fact, we had French Toast the other night and they were thrilled to be eating food like Brady. They love putting daily stickers on his chart, counting down until he comes home. Paige has even figured out how to change the language on DVD's so they can watch them in French so that when he comes home they can all talk together. Paige was so excited to see that we got pictures emailed to us yesterday that she kissed the screen! It is at least a weekly occurance where I will find one of them quiet in a corner by themselves and when asked about the problem, the tears start to fall and they admit they "just miss Brady".

Well, we were certainly thrilled to hear that he has arrived in Toulouse safely and from what the mission president says, he has the best trainer possible! He is in good hands! The scary part is seeing his apartment...or should I say cardboard box?? Holy cow, I don't know how these boys have that much faith that they are willing to give up two years of their lives to live like that? I know he is being blessed, and I actually feel like we are being blessed through his service too.

We love you Brady!! Good luck!

6 comments:

Brady + Marsha said...

What a good example he will be to your girls. It's sweet that they love him so much. What do you mean about your hormones? You aren't pregnant are you?

The Gatherum Family said...

I am with you, how do these young people sacrifice so much and stay so strong, all for the service of others? It is amazing and so awesome! I am sure he will be a great missionary. My little sister comes home in 3 and a half months and I CANNOT believe how much she has grown.

Amy said...

Brooke! I was wondering if I could get Brayden's address from you because I wrote him and the letter is just sitting on my desk. The pictures are so cute of him! He was such a good friend to me while he was home. Thanks to you and Steve for introducing us.

Amy said...

Brooke! I was wondering if I could get Brayden's address from you because I wrote him and the letter is just sitting on my desk. The pictures are so cute of him! He was such a good friend to me while he was home. Thanks to you and Steve for introducing us.

Heather said...

Brady is such a cool kid and I'm sure a great missionary! You guys are lucky to be so close to him and his family. I'm sure the girls will really enjoy getting letters from him over these next two years!

Jewels said...

Yes, you can't just casually mention hormones because we all think you're prego. So...