Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Rumors are True!

Yes, it is true. I guess I kind of slipped up there mentioning crazy hormones, or maybe the workers at Maverick are ratting me out for my daily hot dog cravings, or maybe Paige has gotten to you since she announces it to everyone we meet. Either way, it is true. I am pregnant. We will be having a third baby in October.

Holy cow...third baby. That just freaked me out. I guess I should have called this "What were we thinking". Especially since I can hear the girls fighting from here and still feeling the pressure of selling our two bedroom condo and now the need to buy a minivan! Is it true that carseats expire after 5 years? Did I save them all for nothing? And is it really not okay for boys to wear pink ruffles and play with dolls? What will I do? I'm not announcing that it is a boy, because we won't know for a while, but it is a true panic of mine.

Don't get me wrong, we are all excited. But I am preparing myself for at least one disappointed child since they both want different things. Paige says she asked Jesus for a brother but Claire needs a little sister to boss around. I am sure I would be more excited too if I didn't feel like throwing up all the time, and I could get my necessary 22 hours of sleep per day. Until then, I will live in scrubs, with no makeup (except special occasions), my children will continue to look homeless in their pajamas all day, and my poor husband will continue to starve or eat take out.
But in the end, we will have a new baby to love!!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats Brookie! I am so excited for your family. I can't wait for you to find out if you are having a boy or a girl. So exciting! Thanks again for driving all the way up to see us last week. Jackson had a great time playing with the girls. They are so cute with him! Love ya!

Jewels said...

YAY!! How exciting is that? Congrats!!! Hopefully you are out of your condo by the time the baby comes! :)

The Gatherum Family said...

CONGRATS BROOKE! That is so awesome. I am so sorry you don't feel well. We ate out for 10 weeks straight and I am not kidding. I think we kept the local Wendy's and McDonalds in business. It's okay though, you'll feel better soon and it'll make your husband tougher and your girls will appreciate you more (yeah right!) How exciting, as you said, when it's all done, you'll have a new little one to hold and love. There is nothing better...

Brady + Marsha said...

What a lucky baby! I'm so excited for you. I am sorry you feel sick. I hope it goes away quickly!!! Next time invite me to go visit Heather. I miss you guys.

My name is Andrea said...

Congrats! 3 is awesome...soon you'll be outnumbered and you just throw your arms up in the air! Hope you feel better soon and everything falls into place just perfectly!

Tierney said...

Congratulations! Jewels told me about it tonight so I had to check your blog. That is so awesome!

ern said...

oh my goodness... i am so excited for you!!! of course i'm also mortified because trying to deal with just one toddler and a newborn makes me want to cry sometimes and i have seriously started re-thinking this whole "having more kids" thing. :) but i know you can do it and your girls will love it!!! congrats!