Monday, March 10, 2008

SOLD...almost!

Oh, my poor heart can't take this abuse! After eight long months of "You have a showing in 20 minutes" and "Your's is their top choice, but...", we finally accepted an offer! It was lower than we really wanted, but it was a cash buyer so we wouldn't have to deal with financing falling through. We had agreed on a closing date of April 1, which I knew from the start was a bad sign. I even asked my agent if he was joking. After three weeks of looking for a home to buy, and no luck we went out one last time, determined to find "the house". I convinced my agent to take us through some brand new spec homes that were above our budget, but I knew that they had been sitting empty for a LONG time and the builders just might be desperate to get rid of them! As we pulled up to the house, Steve and I knew it was it. Especially as we walked through with me saying, "I love these cabinets!!" "These closets are huge!!". Steve walked through saying, "Check out this deck!!" and "This garage is huge!!". Aside from having plenty of room for our growing family, the house behind it was on a lower lot, so the view went right over the top of their house and we could see forever!! It had a great view of the mountains, the new Temple, we could even watch fireworks on the 4th of July at the U from our back deck!! We were so excited and happy, until our agent received a call from our buyers agent. She had come through in the early fall and loved it, but had to sell her house first. She was so excited when hers sold and ours was still available. However, her agent was calling to tell us that her buyers "couldn't get financing" and therefore couldn't buy the house, which means our buyer can't buy ours! Could timing get any worse? So, I guess we are back on the market. Back to shoving laundry under the bed because there is an agent in the driveway, and back to buying stock in Febreeze!! I am trying to keep a positive attitude and I know everything happens for a reason, but really?? This sucks!

3 comments:

The Gatherum Family said...

Oh that SUCKS! I am so sorry-selling a house is so stressful and I would imagine that in this market it's even worse. Good luck, I hope something works out soon for you guys...

Brady + Marsha said...

I am so sorry Brookie! Hang in there.
love,
Marsha

My name is Andrea said...

Arg! That stinks! Something else will come along...:) Hopefully the house you want will still be there!! Y'all could move to Texas!? :)