Thursday, April 24, 2008

Preschool Crush

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have found Paige's preschool. I know finding Golden Start was a blessing from serving in my calling since I met Miss Kathy at a stake music leadership meeting and she had a girl drop out that day and was willing to snatch Paige right up. I have been so thrilled with the things Paige has learned, most importantly to read!! I feel so confident sending her to kindergarten a bit ahead of the game.
Paige has a class of 10, 6 boys and 4 girls. At her Christmas program last year, one of the moms stopped me to ask if I was Paige's mom. She told me that her little boy, Hayden, says that Paige is "kind to everyone". I told Paige and she was just thrilled! She hasn't said much about Hayden since. Well, a few weeks ago Paige came home to tell me about "something embarrassing". She, Hayden and another girl were playing house during playtime at school. Paige was the mom, Hayden was the dad and Emily was their daughter along with several baby dolls. As Paige (mom) was feeding a baby doll, Hayden (dad) needed her attention and called out, "HONEY!" I thought it was so cute and explained to her that Hayden probably hears his mommy call his daddy "honey" just like I call Steve "daddy".
Today, Steve picked her up from school while I was looking at houses with our real estate agent, so she and I didn't get our post-preschool chat. So, on our way to dance I asked her my usual preschool questions. "What did you learn about..." I asked her who brought the BRAG BAG and she giggled. Her answer, "The beautiful, handsome Hayden!"

2 comments:

Jewels said...

That's so cute. I'm going to have to tease Paige. :)

Heather said...

Paige is the cutest thing ever! That Hayden is lucky to have someone like Paige crushing on him.