Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gone Fishin'



It has been so fun decorating our little boy nursery! When we bought the house, this room was already a "woodsy" theme, so it turned out perfectly that we were having a boy! Steve and I absolutely loved the log cabin awning they had built over the window, so we decided to run with it! It is a good thing I saved all my little nick-nacks from our West Jordan house where I was more of a "theme-ish" decorator. Our family room was kind of log cabin-y in that house, so I was able to pull out some old favorites that fit perfectly!

It turns out I am not great at picture taking since you can hardly see the paint on the wall. This was just the way we bought it. All walls are painted a light tan with a fat olive green stripe and a fatter brown stripe running vertically every few feet. Maybe hard to visualize, I suck at descriptions...but the stripes are big enough and far enough apart that it doesn't look "circus-y". Having a boy, I also got to try my hand at crib bedding again. After making Paige's I swore I would never do it...but this time seemed much easier. I picked out a brick red with a tiny olive stripe to make the inside of the bumpers and the bed skirt and then sewed an accent piece of chocolate brown ribbon with some olive rick-rack to the bottom of the skirt. The rest of the bumper is a mix of plaids (I think they call it madras?). Anyway...this time seemed much easier! I found some pre-made bumper foam at Jo-Ann's and just had to make the slipcovers, which were totally easy! Of course I had to make matching sheets too because all the ones we have are pink and all the new ones they sell are pastel! Even though I had done it before and used the same measurements, for some reason they turned out too small! I was pretty upset about the casualty, but forced them on anyway thinking I would make new ones before I actually put him in his crib since he will be in our room for a while.
So, now that I have the nursery ready, don't you think he should come out and join us, since he has his own fishing room to come home to? I'm sure that is all he has been waiting for. So until he does, you will find me in the rocking chair, waiting, reminding the waving bulge in my belly that this is all for him and I don't want it to go to waste!

8 comments:

Allison said...

It looks good! I agree, he should hurry up and start enjoying that great new bedroom. It has lots more space, and much nicer sights to see.

My name is Andrea said...

Sounds like you are ready. That was your first mistake. Things never happen when it is convenient.

Amanda said...

Brooke I love the fishing/outdoorsie theme. I hope for your sake he desides to join your cute little family soon.

Heather said...

I can't wait to see it in person, especially that darling bedding. You are sooo talented Brookie. We will be waiting by the phone to hear the great news that this little boy is here. Love you!

The Gatherum Family said...

LOVE it Brooke! So cute. I should do a post about Ryder's room. Good idea. I can't wait to see this little bugger-so much fun. I love little boys!

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

So cute! I haven't seen your home yet!

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

We missed you last night! It looks like you visited that blog place that I told you about! It looks great - better to do pink now while you can. You won't be pink much longer!!!

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

Where are the pictures of our little one?