Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Nine Years ago...

April 6, 2000I can't believe it has been nine years since Steve and I tied the knot! I vividly remember how nervous Steve was when he picked me up that morning to go to the Temple. I remember sitting in the Celelstial Room together, holding hands, neither one of us daring to speak. I remember my mom missing half the luncheon because she was waiting in the Temple to help me change my clothes. (We were running late so we went straight to the luncheon in our wedding clothes!) I remember heading back to the Temple while my mom went ahead to the reception center with the key to my locker! I remember Steve's parents showing up 15 minutes before the reception started. I remember extending the reception hours so that our guests could attend both the Palmyra Temple dedication and the McClure-Vincent wedding bash of the year! I remember oodles of people walking through, wondering how we knew all these people, all the while our 3 little flower girls trying to hide under the skirt of my dress. I remember the get-away, and how sad it was to watch my dad cry, sending away his baby girl.
I loved everything about that day. The weather was perfect (although a bit windy).
I loved the dress, I loved the cake, I loved the flowers,
but most importantly...I loved the man who made it all possible.

Now, here we are, nine years later...definitely the longest relationship either of us has ever had. Three houses, three kids, and umpteen pounds later we are still going strong.
I love you, babe! Thanks for making me Mrs. Stephen Vincent!

10 comments:

Marci said...

Oh Brooke! You are so beautiful. You haven't aged a day! Isn't it amazing how fast 9 years goes by! Happy anniversary!

Heather said...

You are such a babe! It was such a beautiful wedding. Do you remember hanging out in the bride's room before you and Steve left for the night? Priceless!! Happy Anniversary! I love you guys!!

Bobette said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so adorable! You guys are so much fun! I LOVE LOVE the picture of you in jeans and a t shirt and your veil. What a creative way to do a bridal picture! Glad you guys are doing well. Love ya!

dede said...

Happy Anniversary! Sweet post!

Mel said...

Congrats on 9 years. They fly by so fast. We are hitting 20 this year. YIKES, I'm old. Beautiful pictures. Wish I could of come--what a lame cousin, right?!

the bonzoodles. said...

Yeah! CONGRATULATIONS.. That is a big accomplishment and the next anniversary is a big one. We are going on "4" the 20th of this month!

Kristin said...

I remember too! You looked beautiful as always. You always look so put together. Anyway, congrats on 9 years! we really need to get together!

Kari said...

Congratulations! You have much to celebrate. :)

Heather said...

Congratulations! You guys look just the same!

Amber & Dustin Forman said...

Congrats to you two!!! Next year is the big 2 digit anniversary! :) Here's to you two - and eternity!!! :)