Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dancin' In The Rain...AGAIN!

I truly LOVE dance recitals. There is just something about the girls' smiles...so excited to see themselves all dressed up with makeup and curls. And to see them dance on stage brings tears to my eyes everytime...I am just so proud of their accomplishments. Steve and I would do almost anything to see it. That became apparent this last week. Our recital was scheduled at the Sandy Amphitheater last Monday. Less than halfway through, it began to POUR, and I mean POUR!! They tried to go on, and sadly called the show just as Paige was walking on stage. So there we sat, drenched and cold for 30 minutes waiting for it to stop, which it didn't. Steve took Bode and his dripping carseat up to the car to try and dry out while I went backstage to look for our girls. Both had smeared mascara down their cheeks from crying, shredded tights and soaked ballet shoes. Paige's first response was, "Do I still get my roses from Daddy?" Claire before the show
Paige before the show
(I swear she posed this way herself!)

Our dancers before the monsoon!


See the waterfall? NOTHING compared to the rain that came later!!
And so the recital was rescheduled for last night. Steve went straight from work to save seats and I brought the girls a little bit later. It started to rain as I pulled out of the driveway, but Steve assured me the sun was shining at the theater. As I got off the freeway, the rain turned into HAIL!! The pounding lulled Claire to sleep, but Paige was terrified that it would tear through our roof, it was that loud! We waited in the parking lot until the last possible second and then hustled the girls backstage so they could stay dry. Steve, Bode and I spent the next 2 hours sitting through the drizzle to see our "Cuban Pete" and "Beautiful Doll" perform. And despite our wet clothes and shriveled wet fingers, they made it all worth it!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am finally warm again!!! It was more like the flood gates opened!!!

Heather said...

I'm so glad that they were finally able to dance! They look so cute in their costumes! It sounds like you were all troopers!