Monday, July 27, 2009

A Snaggletooth No More!

This is the snaggletooth smile we have seen at our house for the past several weeks. No matter what I bribe her with, Paige is not willing to let this tooth go! She seems to think it is cute to poke the crooked little thing out of her lip, or whistle and watch it sway in the wind. Short of sitting on her again, I have tried EVERYTHING!! I have even tried to pull it in her sleep, and got smacked! Finally today, I just couldn't stand to look at it anymore. I told her it had to come out today, or I would call the dentist to pull it out and that came with shots! She poutedly retreated to her room and came back with a hand-drawn diagram of her "plan". She planned to tie dental floss to her tooth and the other end to the Polly Pocket limo. Claire would dress 2 Polly's for the prom, put them in the limo, and drive it away, pulling out the tooth. She got out the Pollys, hooked up the floss with double knots, and chickened out. She came to me with the scissors, crying, begging me to remove the floss from her tooth. With a quick yank, I popped out the floss and the tooth came with it!! (Lucky me, she would have killed me if my trick hadn't worked!)
But look what a happier, cuter girl it left behind!! Now, if only the ATM would give out ones....

No comments: