Monday, July 27, 2009

Tepanyaki

We seriously have the funnest neighbors ever! Since the day we moved in, Steve hit it off with our next-door neighbor Brandon. We spend almost every evening chatting in the driveway while the kids play and this summer, their little boy Maihson and the girls have become inseparable. Over the weekend, they invited us to join them at Tepanyaki for dinner. Now we have been there before, and knowing our girls, vowed NEVER to take them to a place like that. But it was dinnertime, of COURSE Steve and I wanted to eat there, and we really didn't want to deal with the girls whining until the Browns got back, and we had a coupon...so we did it! I was shocked at how great the kids were! We had told them there would be a show, and Paige kept asking me when they were going to start the movie, but seemed thoroughly entertained.




The place was deserted! It wasn't until we were almost done that another family walked in. There were lots of ohhs and ahhs as our chef flipped raw eggs around on his spatula and made "fire" on the tabletop. I knew the girls would love the onion volcano, but what I wasn't planning on was them loving the food. My girls?? The picky ones??? I simply ordered a larger meal than usual with extra noodles to share with them and they chowed down! Both girls finished their fried rice, Paige took over my soup, and both girls went crazy over the steak! I even got Claire to eat a piece of zucchini. (Only one piece, but a piece just the same!)

I think aside from the awesome company and the yummy food, the best part of the night was Paige's comment, "We should totally come here more often!" I think we will!!

Thanks Brandon, Chasity, Maihson and Addysen for a fun night!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

It is a fun place to go, Orson loves it. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen a misbehaved child there, maybe it is the flying knives. One of my favorite places to eat! We would love to go with you sometime.

Kari said...

YUM! I have only been there once, but reading this post makes me want to go back!

Heather said...

What a fun night! We have never been there before, but we'll have to give it a try sometime!

amelia said...

it's the best when you find such great friends you just "click with"! i love that place! we haven't taken our kids there, but i bet they'd love it :)
happy july!

Ms. Earl said...

Tepanyaki is our favorite!!! We are always looking for a reason to celebrate something so we can go.