Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Day at the Pool

My sister Michelle is fortunate enough to have a community pool just down the street from her house. Their family is there nearly every day, and they always invite us to come, but considering both of our crazy schedules and the fact that she lives in Eagle Mountain, yesterday was the first day this summer we have gone out to swim! I also had my sister Marnie's kids with me, so it was a great chance for all the cousins to play.
I think Bode was really the hit of the party! The pool is beach entry, so for the longest time, he was thrilled just to sit at the edge, letting the water run up over his legs and splashing. But the girls were dying to put him in his floatie and asked about every four minutes if they could take him in the water.

Bode wasn't the only one to take a floatie there. Claire is really quite a good swimmer, I think the duck was more for playing with than a floatation device, but what's a mom to do? Tell her to NOT be overly safe??
My cute niece Kendyl was so sweet to entertain everyone in the pool. Paige was the only one brave enough to let Kendyl throw her in the air, practicing flips and belly flops and Bode seemed content to let her push him all around the pool.
I think anyone can tell by the smiles that is was a good day.

1 comment:

Peacock Family said...

How fun! I wish we had a neighborhood pool.. I'd be there daily. Glad to see you are enjoying your summer time!