Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Grade

Today, Paige started her first day of first grade. She was so excited, I didn't even have to fight her to get out of bed at 7:30 this morning. We went to meet her teacher, Mrs. Rasmussen, yesterday. Paige was so relieved to see that she wasn't "a grandma". I however, wanted to sit on her and force feed her a cheeseburger!
Paigearoo was nervous that she wouldn't know anybody. Our school boundaries changed this year, so a lot of the friends she made in kindergarten are going to a new school. Luckily, her friend Layla is in her class and they sit right next to each other.

Paige was able to eat her first school lunch, lasagna and pears, and was so excited to use her "pin number" all by herself. She said they had recess a lot, and she made 2 new friends that were in Miss Holliday's morning class last year. Of course, she was also able to report exactly who was naughty and who were bad listeners. She is my little tattler! We are looking forward to a good year, although I will really miss my sleep!

3 comments:

Heather said...

She is ADORABLE! I'm glad she loved her first day of school! I hope that the both of you can adjust to the early time!! Hope tomorrow is just as great!

Heather said...

The first couple weeks of getting up early suck, but it gets easier! Plus you have daylight savings to look forward to.

The Gatherum Clan! said...

so cute!!! But, I have to say the whole "force feed a cheeseburger" was so funny! I love it!!! You know Tom has a little saying he says for the "very large" folk---he maybe you ought to mix in a salad here and there. Well, when I read your "cheeseburger" one, I cracked up---because I feel the same way! Just have a super size meal here and there--it won't kill you!!!:)