Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Believe


Growing up my sisters and I always looked forward to General Conference, but probably not for the same reasons most people do. My dad always hosted a McClure Super Saturday. Mom would make butterscotch bubble bun, Dad would put together a craft for us to paint, there was always a "No Whining" sign to be displayed and the Diet Coke was plentiful. By the end of the day, my sisters and I had laughed so hard we nearly wet ourselves and I'm pretty sure Dad was happy to show us to the door. Last Christmas, he re-instated Super Saturday by cutting out these Believe letters with the intention of getting together in the Spring for finishing. Apparently his pancreas had other plans, because it was just last weekend that we actually did it! I chose to "think out of the box" like my dad always encouraged us to, and made my set a little less traditional than my sisters and more "whimsical". I wasn't able to finish there since I had forgotten my stain and Mod Podge, so I promised to submit a picture so dad could admire my work. I haven't heard his opinion yet, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Very Cute, I wish I lived close to my sister and parents so we could have a fun tradition like that. What a great dad (uncle too.)

Heather said...

Adorable! I always love all of your decorations! You are one talented lady!