Monday, July 26, 2010

Where the Wild Things Are...

Wow, this seems like a long time ago!! I have always tried to avoid going to the cemetery right on Memorial Day, but this year we had to make an exception. Actually, I have been avoiding it all together since my favorite one-or-a-kind burger place, Eat A Burger, went out of business on my mom's birthday in January. That has always been a pick-me-up after visiting my mom's grave. But this year, we met my dad and Terry for french toast at Kneader's and then headed off to the cemetery. My dad decided to join us! Who knew it would be such a party there!
Yes, it was terribly crowded, and yes, parking was a nightmare, but there was also a HUGE Memorial Day celebration! There were hot dogs and soda, a bagpiper (Steve was in Heaven) and a face painter! The girls absolutely LOVED it! This lady was so fantastic and so quick!!
And just LOOK at the great creations she made out of my two little animals!
(And yes...I got her number!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

You're girls are darling!