Friday, December 19, 2008

I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

This year Claire danced in her first ever recital. She performed at the Festival of Trees and in the Christmas recital. Her dance was "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". It is the same one that Paige performed her first year in dance. It was even the same costume, so we got double use out of it! (And I must admit, it was so stinkin' cute TWICE!)
I was a little unsure of how Claire would do since she will never perform for me at home. Her first performance was darling. She danced a little bit, but was more concerned with singing along. We could hear her from our seats! Steve and I couldn't stop laughing, she looked so dang cute. Last night's recital was totally different. She danced so well, she hardly missed a step! Except for the part when she slammed into the back of her friend, Ali, nearly bowling them both over! We loved watching every minute of it! Paige sat on Steve's lap and danced right along with them.

We have been lucky to have Claire's little friend, Ali, in the same class. They have so much fun together and it has been great to spend time with the Andersen's even though we moved away.

We have also been blessed to have found Miss Tiffany. Both the girls love her and she is so great with them. We ran into her at Chili's after the recital and she was so sweet to stop and say "hi". Paige is so excited to start back up again once her feet heal and Tiffany has promised to save her a spot as long as we need.

1 comment:

mph said...

She's so cute! Both of my girls were in dance for a while. My oldest still is, but my youngest wanted to do other things. It's so fun to watch them perform! I think it's so good for their self-esteem!