Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Highlights

Bode's first Christmas proved to be very uneventful. He woke up before the girls, long enough to eat and konk right back out! He woke up again just in time to open stockings. Poor kid...Santa only brought him practical stuff. Diapers and binkies. Maybe next year...
I think Claire was the most excited of the three for Santa. On Christmas Eve, Steve pulled up Santa's location on Norad, showing the girls how close he was. We told her that if he came and we weren't asleep he would skip over us. I've never seen her run so fast yelling, "I'm tired right now!" She was right too, she went right to sleep, only to wake up around 4 to come in our room and let me know that Santa had come. She was thrilled with the Dora tent Paige gave her, and the Tinkerbell Tea Set, Dora video game and Polly Pocket cruise ship she got from Santa! She also loved the cupcake jammies she got from mommy and daddy, so much she still has them on!

Paige really struggled going to sleep on Christmas Eve. Does that surprise me?? Heck no!! Steve finally snuggled her in our bed until she fell asleep around one. She was thrilled with her High School Musical Barbies and Easy Bake oven. However, she was a little disappointed that Santa didn't bring her the biggest thing on her list. It was so sweet, it read "Moslee I wot Brady". She misses her cousin on his mission so much! Lucky for her, this is his last Christmas in France! And he was sweet enough to send her and Claire presents, so I guess that made up for it.

Steve and I had decided to forego gifts this year and buy each other a treadmill so we could be "looking fine in 2009!" We were both happy with our choice but were very surprised by all the snow that Santa brought with him this year. So, after hours of shoveling and one heck of a sore back, Steve talked me into a snowblower too! Too bad they had flown out of the stores Friday morning. We finally got it today, so I'm sure there will be no more snow this season!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun. Sounds like the Vincents had a GREAT Christmas!! I love Christmas time. :)

Kenzie said...

Your Kids look like they enjoyed it a ton, I cant believe how big bode is getting!!! I cant wait for you to come back :)

Heather said...

What a fun Christmas! Your kids are too cute! I also love the "Looking fine in 2009" slogan. I think we may have to jump on the bandwagon!

The Gatherum Clan! said...

Hey, I like your slogan for 2009! Maybe if I tell myself that enough I can get with it too! :)