Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blog Trauma

Why do I even try to be creative? I have loved the website thecutestblogontheblock.com for many reasons. First of all, it was free! (You can't get better than that!) Also, it gave me a chance to periodically spruce up my blog, including holiday decorating. Today I heard from my sister that the website is no longer working. I'm hoping it's a fluke and maybe if I keep looking it will pop up just one more time!

In the meantime, I looked for substitutes. I found one I liked (shown here) although I'm still not sure about the layout. In switching over, somehow my ENTIRE blog friends list was deleted. Do you think I keep a back up log of those sites? Heck no! That would have made it all too easy. So what was intended to take me 2 minutes to change my background has now taken me over an hour trying to find my friends! (Am I pathetic or what?) So, if you notice you are not on my list, it is not because I have booted you, I just need a reminder of where to find you!

In the midst of all this loveliness I am trying to figure out how to start an extended family blog where multiple users can post. I know it's possible, I've seen it before, but how do you do it? To top it all off, Bode has just spit up all over my last clean shirt (that remotely fits) and the girls have removed every cushion and blanket in the house to make a tent! AND I just finished off my Diet Coke. My cup runneth over, right?

6 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Ya got me, so that's good for me! I like the new background, it's cute!

Heather said...

I'm sorry that happened. I don't even know how to back everything up. The new background is cute though!

Kelly said...

yuk! good luck, make sure you add pioneer woman for all the yummy recipes and fun reading.

http://thepioneerwoman.com

ern said...

ok, i honestly don't remember if you even had me in your blog friends...but if you want, here is our site: weistfamily.blogspot.com

also, if you want to start a blog with multiple authors, once you've created it and chosen a name and everything, click on the tab that says "SETTINGS" and then under that tab, click the link at the very far right that says "Permissions". this allows you to add up to 100 authors to your blog. nice, huh?

Marci said...

Oh Brooke!! I am so sorry! I hate it when stuff like that happens. It seems like that is how things go...I will tell the kids it will only take a "minute" and then three hours later...
At least your blog is cute!!

ern said...

by the way, cutestblogontheblock is back and running! :P