Saturday, January 24, 2009

I love to see the Temple

Last night we had the opportunity to tour the Draper Temple. You would have thought it was Christmas the way Paige was bouncing around so excited! She has wanted to go inside the temple for as long as I can remember and can't quite understand why she can't. The tour was very well organized and the temple was breathtaking! We met at a nearby church to watch a short video and then we were bused to the temple for the tour. Bode slept in the sling the entire time and I have never seen the girls so quiet. Paige was absolutely fascinated by it all. She just kept looking around wide-eyed and saying, "I can feel the Spirit!"

Family favorites included:
Claire: the baptismal font with the "Aminals"
Paige: the bride room (she says she can't wait! Steve and I disagree)
Steve: the "mountain" ordinance room, complete with an extra wide seat
Brooke: the crystal chandeliers, my neck hurts today from looking up so long

3 comments:

ern said...

i have to admit i'm so jealous! we used to live less than 10 minutes away from there and i think they had just broken ground when we left for malaysia. i can't wait to get back and visit when it is up & running!

Brady + Marsha said...

You must have gone on a good day. It was so crowded when we went there. I thought I was going to die, but I'm glad it was a nice experience for you! I loved the chandeliers too.

Heather said...

Can you still get tickets or am I just totally behind the times? Your girls are so fun. What a neat experience for them to have!