Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not to be left out...


I have been starting to feel like I have an overload of big sister posts lately and wanted to share some random thoughts about my baby girl. Claire is such a happy little girl, she makes me laugh everyday. I love to see her cute little smile and hear her sweet little laugh. She wants nothing more in life than to follow her sister around and be just like her. True, they fight, but what sisters don't? I am amazed at how different their personalities are.

Claire is a pleaser. She is always quick to do just what we ask and loves to help. One of her favorite things is to put laundry away. She just runs one pile into her room and comes running back for more. (I just wish I could teach her to wash and fold!) The other day, Paige was throwing a fit about having to do "all the chores", so she was threatened with losing the opportunity to play with her cousins until she could get her clothes put away. Claire did not want Paige to be left home alone, so she grabbed sister's clothes and put them in her drawers for her.

Claire is very much a mommy's girl. She is such a good little snuggler and loves to wake up at the sound of my voice early every morning just long enough to hug me and go back to sleep. The relationship Claire and I have makes me so nervous to have another baby. I don't want her to feel like she is being pushed aside to make room or that I don't love her anymore because we have a new brother. I am just going to be very careful about making special time for just the two of us. Which makes me a little excited to send Paige to kindergarten next month. For at least a month or so, Claire and I will have three hours of "mommy and me" time...something she hasn't really had before. Claire is very excited to be a big sister. She likes to climb on my lap eveyday to check the countdown on my blog and is always asking "Is my baby brother awake?" so she can try to feel him kick her hand. She also often reminds me that the baby is naked, something her big sister taught her that they both think is just hilarious.

One more random thought about Claire-Boo: She does not like to go unnoticed. The other night the girls were out front riding bikes while Steve and I cleaned up dinner from the back patio. Our new Primary president walked by with her dog and said "Hi" to Paige. Claire started to grunt, so Kim asked Paige if this was her baby sister. Claire immediately informed her that she was not a baby, she was a big girl because she wore panties. I'm sure that was way more information than poor Sister Richins wanted from her nightly stroll, but Claire wanted to make sure she knew.

My favorite conversation with Claire happens a few times a day.

Mommy: I love you, Boo

Claire: I love you too

Mommy: I love you more

Claire: I love you SOOO much!

2 comments:

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

Claire is precious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Claire is a pretty special girl. She is going to love having "mommy time" before the baby comes. Her little brother is going to be lucky to have a big sister like her. Tell her Jackson says HI!