Sunday, February 1, 2009

Who does that?

Wednesdays are my favorite. My friend Manda and I trade off taking our little girls to dance. She usually picks Claire up on the way and I take Ali home. Lately we have been heading to Chick-fil-A for kids night. (One free kids meal for every combo meal you buy!) Sadly, my kids hate the food there (which really means I eat my meal plus two kids meals! :(, but you get to trade your toy in for an ice cream cone and the playland is clean.
I had threatened Paige with her life to leave her socks on. I don't know what it is about nasty playlands that make my kids want to take their socks off and bring home some E. Coli, but they do, every time! But this time I meant business. With her feet still healing, I absolutely did not want her socks off. Being the obedient child that she is, of course she took them right off. Whatever, I vowed to boil her when we got home anyway. So as we were getting ready for the bath that night, Paige started to tell me about a little boy in the play land. This little boy expressed an interest in the large scars on Paige's feet, to which she answered very matter-of-factly, "I had club feet". The boy's dad was in there with him and told Paige that his son was "born special" too. He proceeded to lift the boys shirt and show Paige (and the two little girls) the boy's chest. Paige explained it to me by pointing on herself that he had "one of these and not one over here". I didn't quite get it, so she finally yelled, "He only has one NIBBLE!" Of course, after I peed my pants laughing, I thought, "What kind of dad shows people that???" I mean here is this little boy, trying to make friends with the ladies, and here comes his dad..."Look guys, he only has one nipple!" I can just imagine the little girls laughing and the boy hanging his poor little head saying, "Thanks a lot, dad!"

4 comments:

Marci said...

That is so funny!! Poor kid!

Brady + Marsha said...

I feel bad for the one nibble boy! How is the walking going?

Kari said...

Ooh man that is FUNNY! Only one nibble....shame!

Bobette said...

BROOKE! I found your blog and found you on facebook! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I LOVE yours too! YES! I want to borrow your kids to do pictures! I am still so new at it but I love the practice. Are you serious? I would totally love to! Your kids are adorable! Let me know. Love ya!