Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BigMac and 3-3

My dad has always had a funny way of numbering his children. Instead of being called Brooke, most of my life I have been known as #3. Now that all his "numbers" have multiplied, he has extended his system. Bode is #3-3, the third child of his third child. Seems easier to me to remember names.
I don't know what it is, but seeing my dad building relationships with these grandbabies just makes me melt! I think it is especially different with Bode because he is a boy. My dad always wanted a son, so now that all his girls have one, I think he is living vicariously through us. I just think of all the things Grandpa BigMac can teach him...geocaching, electricity, woodworking, bug riding, etc.

1 comment:

robin said...

I was so excited to see your picture on Bobette's blog and be able to link to your blog. Congrats on your new addition to your family. He is way cute! Hope you are doing well!