Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Fourth Birthday

My dad and stepmom, Terry, are so great to have McClure family dinner on the second Sunday of every month. It is always so fun to get together, especially since the kids all play downstairs while we eat...so it is peaceful for a moment. This month happened to land right on Claire's 4th birthday, so we had her party there. For a month she told me she wanted a white kitty Webkins with a pink bow (the one with the crazy hair!) I searched and searched, and short of ordering it online, I finally found it! Or at least I thought I had found it. Shortly after her opening it, everyone informed me that it was a dog!! Sure, enough...the tag read "Yorkie". She says she will still keep it, and it should come as no surprise that she named her Ali.
She also received this Little Pony Rollerskate Party, a Magic Wet Cabbage Patch boy baby, Water Wow, a Barbie and outfit from her cousins Kendyl, Jake and Addy, Princess Yahtzee from her cousins Keaton and Karlie, and a darling jacket from Grandma and Grandpa BigMac. Claire LOVED having all the attention on her!
As I lay in bed with Claire the night before I told her I didn't want her to turn four. She immediately started to cry, "Then I won't have a birthday!" I tried to tell her I would still let her have the party, I just wanted my favorite three-year-old girl to stay three. She promised to still be my snuggle-buddy even after she turned four, so I decided it was okay to let her.




Claire agreed that we could take cupcakes with pink frosting for her birthday treat. She helped me with the sprinkles and seemed thrilled with them until the way home when she started to cry that she didn't get to pick out the rainbow balloon cake from Costco! Maybe next year...or maybe Daddy can pick that for his birthday (hint, hint!) She did tell me that when she blew out the candle on her cupcake, she wished for a white kitty Webkins for Valentines Day. Maybe by then I can get it right!


2 comments:

Brady + Marsha said...

That's funny about the kitty. Molly also thinks cats and dogs are the same thing. Did you make the cupcakes? How did you do the frosting?

Chrystal said...

Too cute! Happy B-day!!