Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Still Claire's Birthday

Who can resist this cute four-year old face??
Apparently I can because this year I opted not to throw a big birthday party for her.
I just couldn't justify a big party for a four-year old. Especially since winter birthday parties have to be something inside which involves either a LOT of creativity
or a LOT of money, and I just wasn't feeling either one. So when the
Jordan World Circus came to town three days before her birthday
I thought it was a PERFECT way to celebrate. My sisters and I took all the cousins,
plus Claire's best friend, Ali, to the circus.
I think the kids had a good time, although they were all dying to ride the elephant and the ponies and of course buy every treat and light up gimmick that walked by.

Much to our dismay...there were no clowns, but several things seemed to catch their attention, like the Triple Motorcycle Wheel of Death & the Jump Rope Trapeze Man. (I will admit, it was pretty intense...my sisters and I kept gasping and
screaming for him to PLEASE stop!)

Poor Bode thought it was pretty loud, but overall was a good sport. I truly tried to take some decent pictures of the acts to document the event, and I'm not sure if it was the poor lighting or honestly, the lack of interest on my part, but I got nothing.
After the circus was over, I found Paige imitating some of the circus acts. The other girls all quickly joined her. Even my sister Michelle gave it a go...but I have been threatened to keep those pictures to myself (BLACKMAIL, YOU KNOW).
Let's hope this doesn't lead to a career in pole dancing.
At last the circus was over, and before we knew it, we were being asked to leave so they could start the second show. We met dady at Chick-fil-A for dinner before dropping Ali off at home and calling it one heck of a day!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Claire! It sounds like you guys had a great time! I can't believe how big Bode is getting. He looks darling! Also that first picture of Claire is sooo cute!

Bobette said...

Your girls are so adorable! And so is your new little one! SO cute!