Monday, August 18, 2008

31 Down...9 to Go!


Yes, this is by far the very most flattering picture ever taken, but I have to showcase it so my boy remembers what he did to me, but mostly because Paige is so proud to have been my photographer!
It is amazing to me how easy one forgets the joys of pregnancy. I swear this baby is so much bigger than my girls, but Steve looks at me and says I was definitely bigger before. BIGGER!! Is that even possible? Look at the bright side, right? I might gain a new chin everyday and my stomach may be looking more and more like a road map, but at least it takes the focus off my ever-growing butt!
I am not one to complaing about being pregnant. It is such a miracle to me how it all happens. And it is such a blessing to add another baby to our home. I love the connection I feel with this little person I have never met and the anticipation of seeing his little face for the first time. I love to feel his little kicks (not so little anymore) despite the times they land in my ribs or on my bladder!
There have been so many times during these last 31 weeks where I wonder...what on earth am I doing? I have a hard enough time corraling the two kids I have, why push my luck with one more? I'm sure he wouldn't have been sent to us if we couldn't handle it, but I have my doubts. I worry about late nights when he is up with his daddy and I am at work, will either one of us be able to function? I worry about little boy parts...they are so different from what we are used to. I worry about the girls and how they will feel when all mommy's waking attention has to be shared with a baby who can't do anything for himself? I worry about leaving the house with three kids and I worry about having to sell our "mini-mini" in the next nine weeks and finding the perfect mini-van. And then I worry about driving that mini-van around! I never would have pictured myself in one of those. My newest worry came at my last appointment when my doctor, who has never delivered for me before, told me, "WHOA! This baby is measuring huge!" There could be a bonus to his concerns...I already have him promising to take me a week early, but how about two or three? I can't wait to take a deep breath again, or lay down without getting right back up for some Tums to kill the heartburn.
We are obviously excited, so is it so wrong to count down?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Brooke you look awesome!!! I am so excited for you. Boys are so much fun. We really need to get together before you have him.

Heather said...

Brookie you are adorable! This little guy is going to be here before you know it! My Dr. kept telling me that J-man was going to be a big one and then he was only 5lbs 11 oz. You never do know for sure! Here's to hoping he comes a few weeks early!

Brady + Marsha said...

It really is so amazing that there is a baby inside your cute belly and he is going to come out and be a cute little person. It really is crazy.

the bonzoodles. said...

HI Brooke,This is Cortney, Dayne's wife. I just had to write and say how cute you look with your belly. It truly is amazing and I can't wait to say I only have a few weeks left like you. You will do an amazing job caring for 3 kids. I'm sure of it. Oh and the doc said Kadyn was going to be over 9 lbs and turned out only to be 7lb11oz. SO I think they are off quite often. Good luck with everythign.

Heather said...

Hey Brooke,
You are a darling pregnant momma! I think you are as cute as ever. About Jessica, that picture was taken from the front. You can totally tell she is pregnant! You are just silly you hot momma you! Love you to death!

Kristin said...

Brooke, how are you. You look great! I know how you feel though, because incase you don't already know I am also working on baby #3! I don't know how to get a hold of you, I just saw your comment on Bonnie's blog and was able to get to your blog that way. It would be so nice to see you and catch up sooner rather than later. email me or something so I can get your email, and phone number etc so we can set up a play date and/or girls night! My email is kristin@rockhuggers.com