Monday, August 25, 2008

A Day at Lagoon

Yes, I know what you are thinking...Brooke, you are 8 months pregnant, what on earth are you doing at Lagoon in August on a Saturday? I had the same thought. Steve's work, who never does anything extra for their employees, decided to host an employee Lagoon day covering tickets, parking and a lunch buffet! Who would turn down a day of smiles for free?We got there about 11 and went straight to lunch. Nothing like filling bellies before they throw-up! G&K certainly wasn't thinking of me when they reserved the farthest pavillion from the entrace, I thought we had walked to Layton and was ready to rent a wheelchair! As soon as we reached the pavillion, our sweetest little friend came running up to us for hugs. Our good friends, the Mathews, were there too. Our kids have grown up together, but since the moves we don't see each other much. I have never seen four kids who love each other more, and who can spend the entire day together without a single fight. When we do get together, they play hard and instantly pick up where they left off the last time they were together! It was so fun to see how big their baby has gotten (ours will be a year younger) and to visit and spend the day with Nate and Ammber. We have missed them so much! The kids had a great time waiting in line all day to ride a quick minute ride. I was able to find a shady seat at nearly every ride and happily toted around my newly aquired Odysea Lagoon mug full of Diet Coke.
We had planned to only stay until around 4, but kept doing "just one more ride". Of course, Steve kept running into people he knew and talking (I can't take him anywhere!). We ended up leaving around nine with Paige in tears about her feet hurting, Claire begging for her purple woobie and Steve and I drenched in sweat with my ankles swollen into the size of cantaloupes! We stopped at Denny's for some "real food" where both girls fell asleep in their pancakes. I guess that is a good sign of a great day.

1 comment:

Heather said...

How fun! Sounds like a great day at Lagoon! I can't wait until Jackson is brave enough to want to go and ride the rides. Way to go Brooke for being such a good sport!