Wednesday, August 27, 2008

P is for Paige

This is the day I have taken six years to prepare myself for, yet I thought it would never come.
Today, I said goodbye, kissed these sweet little cheeks, and sent her off to kindergarten.
Luckily there were plenty of people there to hold my hand. Daddy was able to come home from work, and the four and a half of us walked to school together. We waited on the blue diamond sidewalk and then with blurry eyes, blew our kisses goodbye.
We were able to met Miss Holliday earlier last week for a personal one on one. She visited with Paige and had her to several tests for her, reading, writing, drawing. Paige said there were so many "amazing" things at kindergarten, it was a long week to wait before we could go back!
Paige had a great first day! She loves her teacher, and said she made new friends. There is a little girl in our ward in her class and her little friend, Addy, from preschool is in her class too! She said that all the boys thought she was cute because they kept staring at her, and she is the only one in the class who can read. So she spent her afternoon with kids bringing her books, asking her to read to them! What a great way to meet friends.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Look how cute they are. I love the picture holding hands- SOOOO cute. :)

Heather said...

Brookie...I can't believe that Paige is in school! What a big day for everyone. I'm sure she will do great!

Kelly said...

I love that picture of Paige looking all coy.

Lynette said...

I was getting teary eyed just reading your post. We miss you guys. I hear you love your house. Come visit or we at least all need to get together again soon.

The Gatherum Family said...

Crazy to have an elementary child huh? She looks so cute on her first day of school. Brooke! You are almost there and this little boy is going to be here! I bet you are SOOO excited. Do you know what you are going to name him?

Thelissa said...

So cute. I sobbed when Sav left for school. Paige looks so ready to go though!