Friday, August 15, 2008

Just a few Claire-isms

Steve and I are always so amused by the things that come out of our kids mouths. No, I don't mean throw-up...I just love the funny little things they say. Even though you think you will remember them forever, my mom always told me to write them down so you would never forget. I have carried a notebook around for the first few years of Paige's life to document these funny sayings, but now I have a blog, so I can share them with everyone.

Claire has the cutest little smile. It is almost like her upper lip is too big, so it totally covers her top teeth. In order for her to show all of her teeth, it is impossible for her to not tilt her head back and smile as big as she can. This of course blocks her vision since her chubby little cheeks force her eyes closed. She has become used to this, but now thinks everyone should smile in this manner. So, if you are not smiling correctly, she will say to you..."Smile up to your eyes!"

With all this playing in the yard, it is a constant battle of keeping the back door shut. I finally understand what my parents were yelling about all these years about cooling the backyard with the air conditioner. I don't understand why it was so difficult to close it, but it seems to be a hard task! This leads to flies who seem to love moving into our house. I truly find them everywhere, and they are fast too! Now Claire is terrified of ants, and she calls teeny bugs that fly "germs" but for some reason she has taken a liking to our new winged pets. She has named them all...and they are all "Mrs. Ali". Yes, Manda...don't be offended, it is after your Ali, she just loves her! She will greet Mrs. Ali first thing in the morning and say goodnight everynight. I'm sure it's not the same one since I kill about 10 a day, but Mrs. Ali keeps reproducing somewhere!

I put the girls in the tub the other day, started to fill it and walked out of the bathroom. Claire began to scream and ran after me. She grabbed me by the hand, begging me to follow her cute little naked bum (who could resist?) She was very excited about something. She told me there was a bug in the tub, "A real one...and it was not cute!"

Claire has two grandpas, my dad and Steve's dad. All of my life, my dad has been known to others as BigMac. As he has taken up geo-caching and taken on life with new teenage stepdaughters, the name has resurfaced and he is now known as BigMac again. Claire has picked up on it and calls him nothing but Grandpa BigMac. I am pretty sure he likes it, he smiles everytime she says it, but who could NOT smile when Claire is talking to you? Anyway...last night I mentioned something about Grandpa. She looked at me and asked, "Is that my Grandpa BigMac or my Grandpa Old Man?"

Needless to say, this girl keeps us in stitches!

5 comments:

KJlovesBubba said...

Brooke - I've been blog-stalking you - coming out now because Bubba said he ran into you last night! I love your blog, your girls are sooo cute and I am so excited you guys are having a boy, he'll be just a little spoiled I think! Now that you know, you can check us out at kjlovesbubba.blogspot.com - nice to know you are just down the road!

The Gatherum Family said...

Kids are HI-LARIOUS! Wow Wow Wow, you are coming up on the end of the pregnancy huh? Hope things are going well...can't wait for the little guy to make his debut!

Amanda said...

Ali was totally flattered to hear that claire named a fly after her. How are things going with you? We need to get together, it has been way too long.

Unknown said...

love the "isms"! kids do make us laugh and yours are sure funny! I think they take after their mom and dad! Kelly has taken up blogging too, come see some Orson-isms sometimes.
http://gkocolby.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Claire is such a silly little girl! It's great to be able to have a place to share all of the fun little things the kiddos do!