Friday, August 22, 2008

My Step-Sister's Wedding

Last weekend, my youngest step-sister Emily got married. This was the third Hyer wedding in 14 months! It was a fun experience because she really got us all involved. Mixing families has been interesting to say the least, but planning this wedding really seemed to pull Emily out of her shell! She has been in Ghana for the last several months teaching math and english to deaf children, so she really had to be organized to pull this wedding off!Emily and Al had chosen their wedding colors long before she left for Africa. They were chocolate brown, mustard, plum and olive green. I will admit I was very nervous for this combination, but I was so "wowed" with the results. At the last minute, Grandma Terry surprised us with flower-girl dresses in olive with big plum colored bows. The girls looked so cute! Emily also took all the adult girls in the wedding party for pedicures just before the wedding. She had brought home some pretty sea-glass from Africa and had bracelets made for all of the girls. The boys all wore mustard ties and Al (the groom) even had a chocolate tux!
The girls were having such a great time "exploring" in Al's granmother's backyard and I was having so much fun "discovering" chocolate covered cinnamon bears (to die for! Where have they been all my life!) that I failed to get a decent shot of the bride and groom. Emily looked absolutely gorgeous and was just glowing!
A few of the flower girls got bored during the speeches and decided to check out the decorations. This is the back of all the McClure grand-daughters, excluding Kendyl, who is 13 and didn't get a matching dress. From left to right, Paige, Karlie, Claire and Addy.

My girls are so crazy about their Grandpa BigMac! After he and Steve saved me with delivery from Eat-A-Burger, I was pretty crazy about him too! Thanks Em and Al, for a great excuse to get dressed up and party, the best us McHy's can!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I was so sad to miss the wedding so I am glad that you posted pictures! It looks like a beautiful night. I can't wait to talk to you about it all! Love ya! P.s. The girls hair looks darling!

My name is Andrea said...

Love chocolate covered cinnamon bears! The girls look adorable in those little dresses!

Brady + Marsha said...

you are in trouble now. I can't get enough of those chocolate cinnamon bears. Those colors did seem to work out well. I'm glad you had fun

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

The girls look darling!!! Why does Claire call my dad Grandpa Old Man?