Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Repair" to be SCARED!

Last night, Steve and Claire dropped Paige off at dance and decided to go for a little drive. Their main purpose was to go see the lake, but they found some fun and spooky Halloween decorations on their way. Claire spotted the traditional witch crashed into a front door and said to Steve, "Daddy...repair to be scared!" And speaking of repairs...This morning I was scrambling to get Claire off to preschool for her first ever field trip to the Fire Station and couldn't find my glasses. I knew Bode had pulled himself up to my nightstand earlier, so I began looking under the bed and through all the diapers (clean and unused!) that he had pulled out looking for them.
Well...I found one piece...and then another...and then another.
I showed the pieces to Bode and asked him if he knew anything about this.
This was his response:
the culprit: Bode "SweetCheeks" Vincent
the victim: sadly mom's only source of vision

It was a clean break, however I think they may be beyond repair. As you can see, both arms? (is that what they are called?) are completely off along with the hinges that hold the frame together. I pulled out my old glasses to get me to preschool, and Claire laughed out loud! She said, "Man you look different...do all old glasses have look like that?" So I guess the glasses I had picked out in high school are no longer "cool". Maybe I'll go back to contacts for a while...oh the joy!

2 comments:

the bonzoodles. said...

Brooke. Seriously are you like a professional writer/comedian. I always laugh reading your posts and usually have to read them to Dayne when he gets off of work at freakin' 1:30AM.

You are such a good mom and I love your stories! Makes me want to write cute posts!

Kari said...

LOL...how sad for your glasses. Funny, the same thing happened to mine! What is so fascinating about them that little kids are so attracted to?!

And I love the "repair to be scared." Classic!