Sunday, October 4, 2009

The State Fair

Earlier this month we decided to show our "Utah State Spirit" and join some friends at the State Fair. None of us had been in ages and thought the kids would just love it! So we headed downtown and met up with our friends, the Longs and the Larsens.The girls were thrilled to have a chance to play with their friend Jackson, who we rarely get to see. He is younger than both of them, but Paige loves to play "little mother hen" to him. They grabbed hands on their own, which was so cute I had to grab a shot of it. There was a lot of walking around, a lot of "I'm tired's, I'm thirsty's, and I have to go to the bathrooms". I wish I had thought ahead to stash a cooler in the bottom of the stroller because we spent a TON of money on just drinks and snacks.

Bode, of course...just smiled!


We took the kids over to see the Bear Show, not realizing the next show was not until later that night. I was quite amused to notice the difference between my cute first time mom friends and me. Our girls ran wild, climbing up and over and hanging all over the bleachers while we visited. Jackson and Molly's mommies were a little more nervous..."Be careful...Don't do that!" Love you Heather and Marsh!!
The kids did have a great time...but unfortunately our friends didn't last too long. Greg had hurt his back (to save him embarassment, I will keep the reason between us) but he hunched lower and lower over the stroller until he finally had to go home. And Molly was pretty much done with being in the stroller, so Marsha and Brady left too.
And yet, Bode kept smiling!

We found it interesting how much sanitizer was around the pig area, but not around the other animals. (Swine Flu, you know)

The girls were so interested in seeing the animals they didn't even notice the smell. They wanted us to tell them the name of each and every one...so our animal experience lasted a LONG time.
We were able to catch a live alligator show, and the bear show. I wasn't so amused by the bears, just had a hard time biting my tongue to keep from laughing at the host of the show who spoke with a lisp and kept mentioning how "thpectacular" the bears were. And I am proud to say that our diets weren't horribly scarred by the yummy treats we were able to consume there...strawberry and cream funnel cakes and potato ribbons!! We couldn't find the frog legs and chose to pass on the deep fried Twinkies.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What are you saying Brooke?!:) I guess I do need to relax a little. I do have two boys now so I'm sure I have many crazy days ahead of me! We had a great time with you guys! I'm glad you were able to go and do some fun things after we left. I don't think Greg would've lasted any longer! I'm so glad that your girls take such great care of Jackson. He loves them so much!

the bonzoodles. said...

LOVE THE GIRLS' shirts. Maybe we will have to venture out and do this one time because I have never been to the Utah fair.

Maybe Bode and Pipey can have a playdate one day. Well lets not call it a play"date", maybe a play"day" would be better. :)

I will have to mention this to Dayne.